What we do.
Matt’s Place will assist families and individuals ages 3–21 work through challenging behavioral disorders in a Partial Hospitalization (Day Treatment) setting, Intensive Outpatient Program, therapeutic after school program, or group therapies. Preschool children will be referred to Early Intervention Programs outside of this clinic.
The immediate goal of treatment is to manage problematic behaviors, and then offer follow up services in the form of individual and group therapies to help maintain progress and recognize any decline in behaviors which can be re-directed before significant interventions are necessary. In addition, MP offers a social resource for the higher functioning adolescents and adults (ages 22 and up).
Consultations and Referrals
Consultation with, and referral to speech, dietitian, OT, PT, the child’s PCP and other professional care providers will be conducted as necessary. As appropriate, the educational provider should be included in discussions.
We offer services for older Adolescents and young adults with social and life skills activities.
- Ages 6-10
- A small therapeutic group for elementary school age children who struggle with emotion regulation skills, problem solving skills and social skills. It is designed for kids who have verbal skills and the ability to participate in group instruction. The group will focus on basic emotion regulation skills, problem solving skills, and prosocial skills. Skills will be taught through play, sensory activities, games, art and crafts, and interactive group discussions. Cost is $35.00 per group.
- Ages 11-14
- This therapeutic social skills group. It is designed for kids who have mild ASD and/or who would benefit from social skills development. The group will focus on improving reciprocal communication skills, peer interaction skills, and emotion regulation skills. Skills will be taught through group discussion, role plays, games, and activities. Cost is $35.00 per group.
- Ages 15-18
- This therapeutic social skills group is for kids Junior and High School ages. It is designed for kids who have mild ASD and/or who would benefit from social skills development. This group will focus on the following topics: two way conversations, starting and joining conversations, electronic communication, appropriate use of humor, get-togethers, handling arguments, teasing, and bullying. Cost is $35.00 per group.
- Star Throwers-Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- This is a therapeutic caregiver educational group about autism. It is designed for caregivers of kids who have moderate to mild ASD for the purpose of education and support. The group focuses on the following autism specific topics: characteristics, evidence based treatments, sensory strategies, positive parenting, behavior management techniques, improving social skills, navigating systems, helping child with depression and anxiety, and overcoming caregiver burnout. Format is lecture with group discussion. The group runs for 5 weeks. Cost is $35.00 per group.
- Sib Shop
- A sib shop is a fun, recreational program offered to children who have siblings with a mental health diagnoses or special needs. The program is designed to offer support and education to improve understanding of the siblings condition. Participants will enjoy games, art, crafts, music, movement, cooking, and just laughing out loud!
Partial Hospitalization (Day Treatment)
• Operates during school hours
• Supports school directed coursework and the IEP
• Offers individual, family, group and milieu therapy
• Includes music, art, pet therapy, nutrition and exercise programs
• Provides OT, PT, Speech, and Dietary consults as indicated
• Facilitates equine and massage therapy
• Manages medications
• Teaches sensory management skills
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
• Offers a morning or afternoon block, during school hours
• Runs concurrent with our day treatment program
• Adjusts treatment schedule with a 5, 3, or 2 day/week option
• Manages Medication
After School IOP
• Includes Social Skills Groups
• Individual and Family Therapy
• Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday’s 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Outpatient Therapy Service
• Provides family and individual therapy
• Includes social skills, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), anger management and other groups
• Training for caregivers of autistic individuals
• Includes Psychiatric evaluations, Neuropsychology and Psychological testing, Social Work assessments
Family and Community Education
- Parenting Classes
- Mindful Parenting: Becoming a Better Parent
- This 3-6 week parenting program will focus on specific techniques to help improve and expand the parent’s skill base. Topics will focus on behavior management, crisis management, positive parenting and increasing emotional connection.
- Caregiver Autism Education Group
- This 6 week group will provide education and strategies specific to autism spectrum and related disorders. Topics include: characteristics, origin, interventions, sensory integration issues, positive parenting techniques, behavior management, fostering social skills, promoting functional life skills, caregiver burnout, and advocating for your child.
- Parent Support Group
- Our Parent Support group is for parents that have children with mental and behavioral health problems, developmental disabilities, or for parents that are struggling and could benefit from a supportive community of parents. Our mission is to help ourselves and in turn help others who are struggling with the challenges of parenting to provide parents a confidential, safe place to find support.
- Mindful Parenting: Becoming a Better Parent
- CHADD Executive Skills Training Class
- Evening with an Expert – free presentations to the public on mental health related topics
Our evening with an expert is a monthly community seminar series that is free to the public. Experts will present on a variety of topics related to general mental health and/or disabilities. Seminars will take place the second Wednesday of every month.